Bathroom Renovation: Bathmats Part I


Abyss & Habidecor Boho £165 @Amara


How do you feel about bathmats?  Now there's a question you don't get asked very often and if you do you might just be hanging out with the wrong people.

Me?  I'm not overly keen or at least I didn't think I was until I started looking for a new one to go in my soon to be finished bathroom renovation.  Bathmats of the past have come either from Ikea or Sainsburys.  Plain, often bright colours that generally cost the same as a posh coffee and a pain au chocolat.  Cheap as chips and just as cheery.  Functional and easy to wash.  That's all you need, I mean, you can't fall in love with a bathmat, right  Wrong!!! Have you seen the beauty at the top of the page?   Yes, there is a world beyond accessible Scandi shops and supermarket aisles, a world where bathmats of your dreams exist.  Of course they come at eye wateringly high prices so it's never going to happen for me.  I just can't get my head around paying three figures for something I'm going to stand on for 2 minutes when I'm barely awake.  But one can dream and there's always the sales ...

Abyss & Habidecot have a huge selection to choose from, all available at Amara, feast your eyes on this lot, weep and then hang on for part II for a more down to earth look at bathmats.  If you fancy splashing out (no pun intended) then do, let's call it an investment piece.
Duo £235

Heritage £180
Peacock £220
Feuille £165


Golda £275

Orga £155

Python £125







Comments

Popular Posts