THE RED CARPET TREATMENT

Red.  When I was ten years old one of my favourite things to wear was a red skirt.  I loved it with all my heart.  It was a knee length pencil skirt with a small split that ran somewhere in between the middle and the side.  It was all the rage at the time and oh! the colour.  I once sneaked this skirt into my bag and changed into it in a back alley on the way to school - uniform being optional though not as far as my mum was concerned.  That was a great day.  Even at the age of ten I knew that this skirt had something.  It was, as they say these days, a 'strong' look and I felt on top of the world.  

As I grew out of this skirt and into the realm of self consciousness I steered away from red and have only flirted with it very occasionally since.  A flick of red lipstick here, a coat of red nail polish there, an exceptionally good red t-shirt from Gap as one century blazed into another.

As the years have rolled on and the feelings of self consciousness have gradually fallen away, I find myself drawn towards the beacon in the mist.  Last year I purchased the most amazing red jumper from & Other Stories.  A red that was more matt than shiny pillar box but nevertheless there was no mistaking that it was red, not wine or burgundy or deepest darkest pink but red.  This year I would like a red dress.  Christmas is always a great time to buy red of course and this season is no exception.  Here are some of the ones that I have seen and loved ...












Reiss Zhen Burnout Midi Dress Maraschino £195















Comments

Popular Posts