Things That Make You Go Boo!

BOO! 

It's time for a new chapter.
The morning school run is no more.  It has passed on.  It has ceased to be. It's metabolic processes are now 'istory.  It is an ex-school run.

What now?  Or should that be what NOWS

Yes, that's right people, iiiiiiiit's tiiiiiiiime fooooooooor  <drums please>                               

Naked! Online! Window! Shopping!


Ok, maybe not naked.  
I'll keep my dressing gown on, but only because's it's October and only because it's a bit chilly.

Oh, October you say?  
Well, if it's October then it's time to start thinking about Halloween (it is, trust me).

LOVE Halloween (HATE horror films) and the reason I love it so much is because, quite simply, to me it means fancy dress.  I know, I'm a weirdo.  I'm well aware that the words 'fancy' and 'dress' strung together sends shivers down the spines of almost all other adults in the entire world.  But not me, nope, bring it on I say.  I'd happily squash *ba-doom-tish* myself into a foam pumpkin suit.

Not me but could be. Or you. No?? 


Paint my face red and wear a headband of horns? Why not! 
Paint my face white, backcomb my hair and stick a plastic spider on my face? No problem.
Paint my face Orange, wear pumpkin shaped glasses, top it all off with an orange beret and go out in public? You betcha!
Dress up in full witch costume (nose, models own) and trawl the streets with the kids trick or treating? Why yes sir it would be my pleasure.

Clearly, I like dressing up.

Unfortunately there is very little costume partying going on in my social circles (still waiting for that invite Elton, call me) but THANK GOD for kids because I can live vicariously through mine.  Costume birthday parties, school plays/assemblies and World Book Day?  Yes Please!  By now you're realising that I'm one of those (very) annoying people who isn't phased at all by the school note that turns up at 4pm on a Monday afternoon saying:

Dear Parent

It's World Book Day on Wednesday so please somehow manage to cobble together a suitable costume for your child by using the skills you gained in those 45 min lessons you had 30 years ago at school for half a term from the mountains of fabric that you must have floating around at home.  Oh and just to make your life more difficult no super hero or princess costumes that are conveniently sitting there ready to wear.  

Thanks 

P.S. don't forget your £1 
P.P.S Did we mention no super hero/princess costumes??
P.P.P.S We hate you

No, not phased at all because World Book Day has been on my radar for weeks. I enjoy it and so it's just there.  I do though feel the pain of others who's radar is full of all sorts of other weird and wonderful things.  Where would we be if everyone's radar was exactly the same? On a road to nowhere or dullsville at best.  Oh and let's not go down the last minute school letter road right now (or ever) otherwise we'll be here all day.

What I really came on here for was to bring your attention to Chinti and Parker's truly gorgeous Halloween collection.  It's not cheap but everything is made from quality fabrics - cashmere, wool or silk - and most of the collection can be worn anytime, not just for Halloween (though maybe leave it at home for your next sun drenched beach holiday).

Here are some of my particular favourites:



Red Cat Outline Cashmere Sweater



Black & White Striped Ghost Wool & Cashmere Sweater




Pink Cashmere Skull Sweater



Black Midnight Print Gathered Waist Silk Dress



Black and Cream Star Cashmere Sweater, Track Pants and Scarf 


To see the rest of this collection visit chintiandparker.com and whilst you've got your clicking finger at the ready, have a little look at this too ...




Comments

Popular Posts